The Marathon was a Success
Karin and the Savannah Team in Training folks all completed their respective Marathon and ½ Marathon events. All of the 14 raised over $2,500 each for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to fight Blood Cancers. I am proud of and thankful for all of them. It was amazing to see all of the thousands of TNT folks from all over the country and Canada all in their purple jerseys and singlets.
I held a sign with the TNT logo over my head for more than 3 hours. It said “My Wife Karin is running for ME”. On the back side I had a thank you for all of the Savannah team with their names listed. I was proud to hold it up. I got a lot of smiles, thumbs up, and some tears. I did a good bit of crying myself. I met Karin at about mile 25 and walked the finish with her. I held the sign high. I hope to get some of the official photos. Some other TNT supporters took our picture at mile 20. I hope they are able to forward it.
Karin beat her goal of under 6 hours at ~(5:52:08). Her ½ marathon split was 2:08 (about 30 minutes faster than her Tybee time). Megan Ansley (4:20:16) & Christina Werner (4:18:13) were fast.
I was able to see and cheer on Karin and Erin at 4 locations during the event. I racked up quite a few miles myself. I was the pack mule with water, power aid, protein bars, jelly beans, clean socks, sunscreen, photos, etc. Thanks to Erin’s friends that helped out also.
My cousin Jeff Carr was in the same corral as Karin at the start #17. I saw him in the first turn, but missed him later in the event.
(3:55:28) Holly Carr, my cousin’s wife was under her goal of less than 4 hours. I missed her at the first turn and for the duration. She was hauling.
Karin’s co-workers, Alisha Harvey, Vanessa Routh and Molly Axlesson all completed their ½ marathons.
We saw most of the team after the race or later that afternoon or evening. There were quite a few walking wounded. Most folks were having trouble with the stairs especially.
The total field was 4,373 in the marathon, and 21,398 in the ½ marathon.
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home