M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Wednesday, September 27, 2006



Second day of collection is successful, I am done!


7 am apt for labs and collection. White blood count is 23.7. Neutraphils 21.1, Lymphocytes in normal range now at .86. My magnesium levels have dropped, so they give me IV magnesium in addition to the potassium. We begin collection at 8:30 am and are done at 11:10. They call me with the results. Another 4.07 bringing the total to 8.56 (well more than the 5 target and 2 minimum). Because of that, we are appointment free until next Monday morning. My white count should remain high at least through the weekend. I’ve discontinued the Neupogen shots. I am cooking dinner tonight. Only the second time since we’ve been here. I miss cooking. The hair continues to fall off (everywhere).

Monday will be education for the chemo that I am about to begin. Tuesday will be a long day at the clinic with the oral chemo Busulfan. They have to monitor my blood all day to see how I metabolize it so that they can determine the correct dosage for the subsequent days.

Thank you all for your prayers, cards, and e-mails. We miss everyone.

Mark