M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Thursday, May 17, 2007

T+ 7 Months , 1st Infusion Round 1 Maintenance Rituxin

My first maintenance Rituxin infusion went fine. It is slow each time that I restart to insure that I don’t have any infusion reactions (fever, chills, shaking etc.). It takes more than 4 hours to deliver the 1 bag. It will speed up on my remaining 3 Wednesday treatments. Thankfully there are much less complications with Rituxin only compared to the R-CHOP regimen that I was doing at this time last year. I drink lots of fluids to move the stuff through my body, but at least this time there are no poisins that will ruin my bladder if I don’t get rid of them on time. I was not as gray-pale at the end of this session as I was with previous chemo. I was fatigued most of the afternoon, but overcame that into the evening. I intended to get to bed early but was not able to.

Mark