6 Month Post Transplant Appointment at BMTG
We had a short but sweet visit to the BMTG clinic today. My bone marrow biopsy and my PET/CT are both clean. I continue in remission. Nothing different from what I expected, but we had to get the official word from the PA & MD. With that, I will not have to return to Atlanta until my 1 year post transplant (September). Had things not been as good we would have been back in 3 months. Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers and support.
I will share the word with Dr. Negrea’s staff tomorrow. It may be later in the week before they get the info from BMTG. I see him a week from Wednesday (May 9th). My guess is that we will start my maintenance Rituxan therapy the following week or soon after.
It is always good to visit the clinic and see many of the staff that did so much for Karin and I while we were there. We definitely miss the staff, but we don’t miss the daily trips to the clinic. I was able to see Bill G. who was there with me. His transplant was the same week as mine with a matched unrelated donor (MUD). He is doing well, but has had a few non transplant specific setbacks. We were able to meet Tina W. and see Lindsey (sp?) again. She is doing very well. We wish her the best as she prepares for a summer wedding. She was a little jealous of my hair progress. We were able to meet Timothy M. and his wife Lisa. He is wrapping up his chemo now and his transplant is in th next week. We wish and pray for all of them and those that we have not met for continued success and speedy recoveries.
The gang will be shaving our heads next week for Relay for Life. They did it for me to support me during chemo and we will do it again to support all the others going through chemo now. I will post details soon, but we will again sell add space on our bald heads to raise money for the American Cancer Society. We also plan to let others participate in the head shaving for a donation. Keep posted for details.
Thanks for caring,
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home