
Relay for Life Preparations are Hastily Underway
I apologize for this short notice, but we have all been busy for a few weeks.
See the attached flyer at the right for details. Click on it to enlarge it.
When you see me bald again, it is not because of therapy, but because my gang and I are shaving our heads again (this time to honor the others that are going through chemo). The American Cancer Society Relay for Life in Savannah takes place Friday Night (5/11/07) through Sat am. We are again selling advertising space for businesses and names of individuals whodonate. The walk takes place at Benedictine School Track beginning at 7:00pm.
If you want to donate & see/participate in the head shaving, it will takeplace Thursday night (5/10) at the Barber Pole beginning at 6:00 pm. Thisis located at 110 Bull Street, just south of Broughton. Call me if you plan to come by.
We will accept pledges and get your name on our heads. Your gift to the American Cancer Society is tax deductible. We will provide you with a receipt for tax purposes if you include a mailing address (if it is not already on your check).
Contact us to make a pledge
Even if you do not see this until after the walk, your donation to the American Cancer Society is always welcome.
We will be taking donations for a while after the walk.
Maintenace Rituxan to begin next week
I had a short visit with my Oncologist Dr. Negrea today. I had my port flushed and my CBC’s were pretty good. I will begin maintenance Rituxin biological therapy next week on Wednesday for 4 weeks. The first infusion will be over 4 hours and they should speed up on subsequent weeks. This will continue at 6 months intervals for 2 years. There should be little or no side effects from this treatment as I tolerated it well previously.
Thanks from all of us for your support,
Mark


<< Home