M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

2nd Session of 18 Months Maintenance Rituxan Today

A good breakfast at Sunrise got my day started. I wasn’t tardy today. I got in with the first bunch of patients into the chemo room. 9:05 I am accessed, 9:25 I am on my benadryl drip. Slow getting started. Lots of folks here first thing. I’m infusing by 10:00 for 2 hours. Some folks have 6-8 hours. I’ve been there before. I probably dozed off and on for an hour due to the benadrylI’m out of the Lewis Center by 12:30. I take some checks by the American Cancer Society. The “Bald for Best” team is at just over $2,000.00 with a few pledges outstanding. Next I got my eye prescription from my eye doctor and ordered some lovely new safety glasses for work. I’ll need them in June. I just learned Monday that I get the 12 hour night shift during our mill maintenance outage. Lovely... Especially with Karin’s softball season starting this week. After lunch, I tried to nap. I was tired, but I couldn’t sleep. Bennett didn’t nap either, so I joined he and Papa early before supper. Karin just won the lotto..(not). Jury Duty tomorrow. I got a 30 minute walk in tonight.

Take care,

Mark