Karin’s Weekend in Review
Sunday, October 01, 2006 –
Over the past four days we were able to relax, have fun and even play a bit. Mark didn’t have to report to the clinic Thurs. or Friday, and we just took it easy, read, played on the computer, and watched as Bennett grew before our eyes.
Bennett had two firsts over the past two days. One of the really cool things is that he took his first steps! I was feeding him in the kitchen, he was standing and stepped towards Mark. Just two steps, but it’s a start. He’s now up to five and six steps! Oh boy, are we in trouble!!! The other first for us and Bennett is that he was playing on my mothers white wool rug, and a little poop rolled down his leg and landed on the rug!!! I scooped Bennett up, told my dad to clean up the poop and told Mark to run the tub. After the baby was clean, along with the rug, Bennett went down for a nice long nap. No wonder he wouldn’t go down.
Bennett continues to amaze us daily, he mimics almost every sound we make and even sings/hums when we do. He waves his arms above his head and laughs when we mimic him. He loves to try to feed me, we hope you can see the photo where I’m wearing the bib and Bennett is shoving in the food. Bennett missed my mouth more than not, and we even had to bring the dogs in to help clean up the mess.
On Sunday, mom and I played a tennis match as partners, and WON! We managed not to hurt each other and actually played very well together. Recently, we’ve only played opposite the net from one another.
Sunday afternoon, Mark and I visited Dr. Michelle and David. I used to look after their children and work in her vet clinic when not at school. She is one of the women I admire the most and it was great to be able to catch up. It’s nice to know that I’ll be able to see them while we’re in Atlanta for this time. Dr. Michelle is now my primary physician while here in Atlanta :) :) :)! She helped me when I messed up my finger and will more than likely help me again, since I’m a bit accident prone!
Monday, we’ll go back to the clinic for the usual lab work, and an “education” day for the chemo that will begin on Tuesday. We will update the blog again soon!
We hope that this finds you all well and stay tuned for the next episode!
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home