M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Second Round of Maintenace Rituxin went fine




My second round (of four - at 6 months post transplant) maintenance rituxin infusions went fine. It was faster than the first, but still ran from ~8:30 until near noon. I feel fine with no ill effects. I turned in another $500 today to the American Cancer Society for the Relay for Life. I did my daily walk this afternoon.

Tomorrow night I speak to the sailors at the Savannah Yacht Club as they kick off the season for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Leukemia Cup Regatta in Savannah. I have been selected to be the Honored Hero for the Regatta season in Savannah.

Tomorrow is my last day as Process Engineering Support for the Fiber Department at the International Paper Savannah, Ga Mill. Sunday I return as a shift manager or First Line Leader for the Fiber Department overseeing a woodyard, waste water treatment, and two pulping digesters. My engineering position was eliminated on January 31st of last year (2006). That is Karin's birthday and the day that I received my confirmed diagosis of Follicular Lymphoma. The two of us will never ever forget that date. IP has been great with me during treatment, my leave of absence, and my recuperaton since transplant. It is time to get this shift work rotation behind me. It will not be permanent.

Mark