4th Round of 1st Cycle Maintenance Rituxin is Done!
Wednesday was my last treatment for 6 months. It was lousy coming off night shift prior to the 8:30-noon session. I slept hard during the infusion (I was worried that I was snoring, but they say that I was not). I saw Dr. Negrea which is always good. He can always clarify some things that I learn about while reading or on conference calls related to lymphoma/treatments. Wednesday after sleeping all day, I woke up with a fever and chills, likely from the Rituxin. This is only the second time in 10 treatments that I have had any symptoms. I phoned Dr. Negrea before going to work last night and he said to take Tylenol and my regular allergy meds that I take at night. I had the shift ERT check my vitals early in the shift and I took a second round of Tylenol. On top of that, it was one totally crappy night in the Pulp Mill. I got home around 10:00 this am and had a great sleep.
Karin and Benett played, he napped, and they went swimming while I slept. This evening Karin had a WIPC church softball game. I pushed Bennett to the park in his stroller and we watched about 45 minutes before I brought him home for bed. Karin’s team one and they had fun. I’m off to work soon at 9:20 pm.
For my next Rituxin cycle in 6 months, I will do them on Mondays not Wednesdays to avoid having to have treatment coming off nights.
Take care,
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home