Busulfan continued:
Yesterday the new laptop that I bought 1.5 months ago will not start (sort of, there is no video). We take the computer to an authorized service center `5 minutes from the hospital. We have plenty of computers at home, but it is nice to play movies in the clinic and check e-mail, etc. Apt at 1:00 pm. They check my blood and my Dilantin (anti-seizure) levels. White blood count is 4.2, just below the lower range of normal. They said that it should drop by Monday, and it has started. Have to be in the neutropenic mode now forward until I grow white cells after the transplant. We go to the pharmacy and pick up a large bag with all of my at home chemo for the next 4.5 days. 
We have an in depth discussion with a pharmacist about my meds and go over the schedules that I have to initial with each dose. My Dilantin level is at the high end (that explains the buzz for days), so they reduce my 8 pm to 1 pill.
Friday, October 06, 2006 -
3 doses (6 pm, midnight, 6 am) of the Busulfan with no ill side effects so far (I plan to keep it that way).
In each dose (of 16 doses) there are 39, 2 mg tablets crammed into 8 clear capsules. I was instructed to count them each time to make sure they are correct. There are specific instructions that if I vomit and can see any of the tablets that I have to fully re-dose, if don’t see any or after a specified period of time ½ dose. So if I vomit, I need to do it in an empty container and examine it (nice).
Looking forward:
- Oral chemo all weekend
- IV chemo Mon-Wed
- Day of rest Thurs (with visit to BMTG)
- Ttransplant on Fri (10/13) at Northside Hospital (halfway done in Atlanta if all goes well!)
That is all for now. I will update over the weekend if there is anything of significance to share.
Mark


<< Home