T + 23
I’ve been having real dryness (dehydration) problems overnight for several nights. Dry mouth, eyes, my lips split open even with lots of lip balm. They will discontinue one of my decongestants tomorrow to see if it helps. It is not from lack of water intake. I have to get up several times during the night because I drink lots of water all day and as much as possible during the night. We had a 9 am apt this morning, nice on the weekend. My potassium levels dropped so they gave me a second bag of potassium today and upped my horse pill supplements to 5 from 4. Most of my blood #’s are level or improving except for my platelets which dropped a bunch since Friday. If they don’t turn around I will get platelets later this week. WBC: 3.6, NE# 2.34, RBC: 4.17, HCT: 36.9, PLT: 75. We finish my infusions around 1:00 but have to wait more than a half hour for 1 minute with a physician to be discharged. Same for Chad (T + 3), sitting next to me, also Dr. Negrea’s patient from Savannah. Paul and Bennett have gone to watch Marie play tennis when we return to the Wilson’s. I take a nap and find it very hard to get warm after the cold infusion. Karin takes advantage of a decent day and washes the car. We had takeout pizza for dinner. My taste buds or lack thereof have been very disappointing to me with meals of late. Food looks and smells great, but just is missing significant taste. Sweets seem to be close to normal. Karin and I walk near 8:30 and Paul gives Bennett his 1st bottle. Karin gives him a bit of a second when we return and he is quickly to sleep. Tomorrow, Monday, will be our 3rd day off, and we hope to continue on this schedule.
Thanks for your continued prayers and support,
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home