M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Friday, October 27, 2006

T + 14 Progressing well, they reduced my fluids


It has been 2 weeks since transplant. I am progressing very well in my recovery. I have to pray that the high dose chemo did everything that we wanted it to eliminate every last remaining cancer cell. My blood numbers continue to improve (the white will decline for a while, but it is within the normal range. (WBC 8.7, NE# 7.1, RBC 3.92, HCT 34.3, PLT 110). No new ailments in the last 24 hours that require medical attention. They reduced me to 1 bag of fluids daily now. That means more like 4 hour appointments compared to 6. My sense of taste is rather deadened, but I think I am growing new taste buds. We’ll take pics at Bennett’s 1st Birthday tonight and post later or tomorrow.

Take care,

Mark