M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Last Rituxin Infusion for 6 Months


Today, I’m sitting here waiting to start my last infusion. I was early for my 8:30 apt. There were no other patients waiting when I arrived which was rare. None of the front desk staff was here yet and all of the Chemo folks were in the receptionist area waiting on us patients. There was no NP or PA here at first, so starting was delayed slightly. No big deal. I’m a cancer survivor; I have all the time in the world. I don’t fret waiting for things that used to annoy me and most everyone. My blood counts are good. I’m hooked up to the chemo pump getting saline and my pre-meds just waiting for my bag of Rituxin to be mixed up. I’m underway at 9:50 am. 2-2.5 hours eta on completion. I’m done ~1:00.

Yesterday was a long day at the pickle factory. It was my last day on 3-11 (since I have chemo today). There was some big equipment down since the am. Everything was running around 11-midnight. I left work ~1:30 am and was in bed at 2:30.

This morning, the 6:45 alarm went off too soon for me. Bennett was awaking, but I went ahead and jumped in the shower. I got Bennett out of bed and Paul arrived soon afterward. I had a good breakfast just up the street from the clinic.

This afternoon I will run a bunch of errands, do some Christmas shopping, and maybe get some rest. I will fix dinner, but I’m not sure what yet. I am off tomorrow and Friday. Bennett and I will do errands. Papa is going to play golf. Bennett may get a haircut. Gran will be back in town tomorrow night, but she’ll probably miss out on joining us for Mexican dinner at Cancun or Jalapenos.

Take care,

Mark