M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Great Test Results at 1 Year!

I had a good visit today at BMTG with a new nurse practitioner and my physician. My Pet-CT is clean and my bone marrow biopsy test results are good. There are no chromosomal abnormalities in the bone marrow test. All of my blood testing from last week was good. My CBC was better today than last week in Savannah.

I didn’t expect anything less, but I can never know until the testing is done. I am into the time frame when they said that my Lymphoma would likely return without the stem cell transplant. I personally don’t think that I will have any problems for the next year and a half while I am doing the maintenance Rituxan therapy. I plan to be well long past that. There were no guarantees with the auto transplant, but I hope that we have bought a lot of time if not a permanent fix.

The low white blood counts and neutraphils are scary, since we don’t know the specific cause. But they say that since I respond to Neupogen that my body can produce the Neupogen and manufacture the NE cells if necessary. That is great to know.

We don’t have to come back for 6 months now.

I will begin my immunizations as if I was a 1 year old child soon, maybe next week. I will get my flu shot as soon as they are available.

Karin and I were able to show off a bunch of Bennett pics to a lot of the staff that we know. We still miss the staff, as they became part of our family, but don’t miss the daily grind of the Atlanta traffic and medical procedures!

Talk to you soon,

Mark