2 Year Post Transplant Testing Complete
We’ve just returned from Atlanta. My apt for registration was at 7:45 am this morning. I try to have them scheduled as early as possible since I have to fast before the Pet-CT. I was in by 8:15 or so for the procedure that takes over an hour with the prep.
After a quick breakfast we proceeded to the clinic very early for my Bone Marrow Biopsy. Thankfully they were able to work us in shortly after we arrived. A little bit of sharp sensation, but no significant pain. We were done before noon (an hou r and a half earlier than we were scheduled to start). It is always good to see the staff at the BMTG clinic. We inquired about some patients that we know and most are doing well. We look forward to visiting with the staff away from the clinic at the Aquarium and to see any survivors that may have been there with us. We ate our leftovers from yesterday and are on the road soon.
Karin drove me home. I had icepacks on my lower back. We made good time getting out of Atlanta and had few delays on the trip home. We stopped in City Market on the way into town and picked up a pizza at Vinnies for ourselves and the Wilsons. Bennett was happy to see us when he got home. We informed him that the 3 of us will be going to the Atlanta Aquarium in 2 weeks for a reunion for BMTG transplant survivors. We told him that he will get to see a real whale shark. There are cartoon whale sharks on one of his Diego DVD’s.
Yesterday (Sunday), Karin and I drove up to Atlanta. We tried to get a bite at a Cracker Barrel, but way too long to wait. We ate at Longhorn Steakhouse and had plenty of leftovers for Monday lunch. We made a quick stop at the Big Bass Pro Outlet outside of Macon. I ran into a former co-worker from IP. He was up for a business meeting and to see his son in school at Mercer. We filled up with gas due to rumors of gas shortages in Atlanta. We saw some rather long lines in Atlanta. We had supper with my cousin Paula and her boyfriend David. It was good to visit with them. We should have done it on a previous visit.
Normally I go back to Atlanta for my results 2 weeks later. I tried to work a visit in on Friday before the Survivor Reunion, but they don’t see patients on Fridays. My results will be faxed to Dr. Negrea here in Savannah and I will see him in about a week and a half, but prior to our next trip to Atlanta.
Take Care,
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home