Fourth and Final Rituxan Treatment Completed Today!
I am done with treatments for now…Hopefully forever. Everything went well today. I was finished a little after noon. It is good to have that behind me. I was not able to meet with Dr. Negrea today, so I don’t know when he will want to see me next and on what frequency. I hope to talk to him soon. I want to get my port-a-catheter removed from my chest as soon as possible. It has served me well, but after nearly 3 years it is irritating me and it itches frequently. I will try to contact my surgeon this week.
I thank God for where I am today. Thanks to all of you for all of your prayers. I am glad that when this happened to me was now. Ten years earlier there was no Rituxan. Here is a link to a very encouraging editorial in the Journal of Clinical Oncology (with links to many clinical trials and analysis of those trials):
http://jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/content/full/26/28/4537
Karin and her new Team in Training group will be running the Savannah Bridge run this Saturday. I would love to see them, but I have weekend duty. Keep them in your thoughts as they train to run and walk and raise money for LLS.
Take care,
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home