M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

2 Year Post Transplant Tests are Good!

I got my bone marrow biopsy and CT-PET scan results this afternoon. They are both good. Not absolutely perfect, but they may never be based on what I have been through.

I had played phone and fax tag with BMTG and Dr Negrea’s office on and off all week. To save a second trip to Atlanta for results, Dr Bashey was to fax them to Dr Negrea’s office. We understood that it would happen Monday, then Tuesday, but finally this morning. There wasn’t a cover letter from Bashey with his interpretation. The PA that saw me today couldn’t read much from them (there was 10 pages of physician jargon from the Radiologist and the Pathologist). I can follow most of it. Negrea came in and we had a good visit as usual. Karin says thanks to her current anatomy & physiology teacher because she can follow them quite well now.

Not sure if I mentioned it in a previous post, but Karin had surgery on her left arm to release a tendonitis. We had a long morning at Candler, but all went well. Gran & Papa will keep Bennett most of tomorrow to give her some room to heal.

Say prayers for my dad tonight. He is in the hospital in Eden for a second night with an abdominal blockage/difficulty. Likely a flare-up of his Chrone’s Disease. It has been 8 years since his last problem. He usually makes it 7. Thankfully, they were back from NYC.

Take Care,

Mark