M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Monday, October 09, 2006

Day 1 IV High Dose Chemo went well!


First of all I completed the weekend of pill chemo with no ill effects. My white count has dropped to 3.8 (normal limits 4.8-10.8), but it has not taken a big drop yet.

Today other than starting late (~9:00 with a 7:30 am apt time) everything went smoothly. Today was 2 bags of 400 mg VP-16 (Etoposide) (each in 1000 ml of saline over 2 hours). We finish around 2:15. No nausea or vomiting. I took a ~2 hour nap when we got home. The PC shop called and my laptop is fixed (bad motherboard), and Karin will pick it up tomorrow morning after I get hooked up.

Tomorrow and Wednesday are a repeat of today plus a bag of 6000 mg of Cytoxin over 2 hours (6+ hours total). I have had it 7 times before and tolerated it well.

Thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes,

Mark