T + 28 Savannah is in sight!
We got a call from BMTG confirming my catheter removal on Tuesday (11/14). Big news is they have scheduled my DISCHARGE APPOINTMENT for Wednesday (11/15) on Day T + 33! We will pack up the following day and head to Savannah on Friday (11/17). That is a bit of a shock. I have to hope that my blood tests continue in the right direction. It will be an odd change of pace/location after having a similar schedule for 11+ weeks. My parents will arrive here on Tues. The Wilsons leave for Scotland on Wednesday for a week trip. My parents will help with the pack and travel with us to Savannah.
Back at home will be great, but it will be far from normal for quite a while. I will be on significant restrictions until day T + 100 ~ January 21, 2007 (and am released by BMTG). I will be on meds to prevent pneumonia. I will be able to have visitors and visit others, but I will not be able to go in crowds (no shopping, no restaurants, no movies, no crowds of any sort, can’t work in my yard, etc.). All of you that may be around me, please get a flu shot (not the live virus nasal vaccine). I do not have enough of an immunity to be able to get a flu shot. Seasonal timing of this low immunity with cold/flu season upon us is kind of crappy. I will have a 100 day appointment back in Atlanta. That will include bone marrow biopsy, CAT/PET-CT’s, and lots of bloodwork. In a year, I will be re-vaccinated for all of the preventable childhood diseases.
I’m making progress,
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home