M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Sunday, November 12, 2006

T + 30


We had a good weekend. I/we walked 1-2 miles every day (Fri-Sun). I am not very tired in the afternoons anymore so I didn’t have to nap any. It could be related to not getting up at 5:30 in the am. Bennett will only sleep in to 7-7:30, but that is 2 hours better than our normal clinic get up time. My dryness overnight/am has improved significantly as we are further from the chemo.

Bennett has really enjoyed getting into the dog’s water this weekend (both arms and his face) so Karin has to move the bucket when he’s outside. Karin’s folks took a quick trip to Savannah to check on their house and turn on the water and pilot light for the hot water. Steve, Kenny, Paul, Zach, and others helped out with a sheetrock project in our kitchen pantry to remove molded sheetrock that came from our roof leak before the re-roofing. Thanks a ton. I’m sorry we didn’t ask for assistance sooner, but it had slipped our minds. I need to minimize my mold exposure with an immature immune system. Karin helped Paul out today by mowing up all the leaves that fell in the back yard yesterday in the wind/rain that came through. I made some progress on sorting/filing/pitching papers. Karin says I can’t come back to Savannah if I’m not finished.

Tomorrow, Monday, is a 7 am clinic day. Hope for continued good blood test results. I’ve started a list of questions for my physician/PA/NP about do’s/don’ts/when can I? when I leave Atlanta. We will learn more about how often we will have to be seen at Dr. Negrea’s office in the interim. Tuesday we have to go by the clinic briefly (not sure what time yet) before going to Northside Hospital for my catheter removal. Wednesday is our discharge apt. Time and duration for that we hope to learn tomorrow. Thursday we plan to go by the Northside Towers so that some of the staff can meet Bennett (children are not allowed in the clinic or waiting room) so we will meet in the foyer or elsewhere. My folks will arrive in town Tuesday evening. Karin’s folks leave Wednesday evening for a trip to Scotland. They will be back for Thanksgiving in Savannah.

Mark