6 month Post Transplant Testing Today
We left for the Hospital at 7:30 am. Surprisingly light traffic for that time, likely due to schools on spring break. I get registered and to Radiology early. Then the slower than normal day began to drag. I was through with the Pet-CT at 11:45 and then got to eat some breakfast. We got to see Lindsay W at the BMTG clinic. She will be released soon. Sadly, there are still some patients (Kevin G. and others) still at the clinic due to complications with their recovery. We keep them in our prayers. It was great to see all the staff at the clinic. The nurses at the clinic were swamped, so it took a while for my bone marrow biopsies. They are good, but the lidocaine stung like sin and there was more pain than on previous occasions. It is understandable when they pull out 2 cores 1mm in diameter and over an inch long. I will call later this week for preliminary results. We grab double cheeseburgers from the Hospital, and we are on the road at 2:45. Thankfully, with the help of the HOV lanes on I-85 we make a quick departure from Atlanta, and there was little traffic all the way to Savannah. Karin hauled butt and we were home to relieve the sitter at 6:45. A huge thanks to the faculty, staff, and students at Coastal Middle School for another fundraiser for the Mark Best Fund. It will be put to quick use by us for medical bills for both Karin and I.
Karin has spring break this week and I took a week of vacation. We have a lot of medical appointments to work in and we both hope to have our vision checked this week. We will try to get to the beach on a sunny day.
Thanks for your continued support.
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home