M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Sunday, February 25, 2007

T + 135

Sorry for the delay on this update. My plague lasted only 24 hours thankfully. My fever was gone by the time I went for my blood check on Wednesday. My blood was not in terrible shape to have been sick. I went back to work on Wednesday after lunch. I’ve been fine since. I got lucky. We had a good weekend. Karin played tennis Saturday and I mowed the grass while she and Bennett napped in the afternoon. You don’t know how much I missed working in my yard. I still have to wait on digging in the dirt. Karin and I went on a date Saturday. I couldn’t take her out on her birthday 1/31 so I made it up to her. We went out for a drink and then had a great dinner. Paul kept Bennett overnight. We took them out to breakfast this am. We had pizza at Vinnie’s tonight (in the rain under the plastic canopy). Afterwards, we dropped in and left a check at a fundraiser for an 18 month old (Katie) who was diagnosed with a cancer in her kidneys.

I have my 6 month post transplant testing scheduled the first week of April and follow-up physician visit scheduled last week of April. Preceding the physician visit, we will travel to Nashville, TN for the Country Music Marathon. My friend Steve Routh (one of the 5 bald men) is training to run the marathon, his first. He is fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society with the Savannah Team in Training in my honor. His goal is to raise $2,500 and he is close. I will list his link below and put it in the links on my blog. Please consider supporting him if you can.

Mark

http://www.active.com/donate/tntga/tntgaSRouth

Labels: