M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Monday, January 31, 2011

I am a 5 year survivor!

5 years ago today (January 31, 2006) I was diagnosed with stage 4 Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, an incurable blood cancer. 30-50% of my bone marrow was cancerous and I had tumors in my lymph system from my neck to my groin.

I have been in remission for 4 1/2 years. There are no signs of cancer in my body.

50 % of the folks with my diagnosis do not live 5 years.

I am so thankful to be here and be cancer free.

Thanks to God, my family, great medical professionals, my friends, people who prayed for me that had never met me, and all the persons diagnosed before me.

Happy Birthday Karin. I LOVE YOU!

We share the date (I was diagnosed on her birthday 5 years ago).

Mark

Fight! Pray!