M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Celebrating a Second Chance at Life

A week and a half ago I attended a fantastic symposium in Atlanta sponsored by BMTinfonet.org for bone marrow, stem cell & cord blood transplant survivors. There were hundreds of survivors there similar to me who "get" what we've been through.

BMTinfonet.org is a fantastic resource for anyone facing a stem cell transplant. They have fantastic accurate information and many resources. If you know of anyone with blood cancers or or other blood disorders that may be facing the need for transplant, contact me (I have a list of accurate/pertinent resources available on the internet.

I attended some very informative sessions on dealing with my health after transplant, and I was able to ask question to 7 of the best transplant Physicians in the United States.



I am truly blessed to be where I am and as well as I am. I met, saw, and heard from many folks that are not as well as me and have many serious lingering effects from their cancers and therapies.

Take care,

Mark