M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Monday, October 23, 2006

T + 10 4th day at Northside Hospital


It took a pain pill last night before bed for my throat. Good night. Minimal interruptions.

Another pain pill before breakfast. Karin and I have eggs, bacon, biscuit, skip the lousy grits. Karin hangs with me until noon, and we watch 2 episodes of “The Unit” TV show on DVD. Good news is the white count (0.7) and especially the neutraphils (0.3) are heading up. I need to be at no fever 100.5 or greater and neutraphils greater than (0.5) or ANC 500 to be discharged. Gonna be there by Wednesday. I have lunch & dinner with no pain meds. Day 5 of Neupogen shots, but no bone pain as of yet. This evening I get a 20 minute mile+ walk on the treadmill then a bath. Today has been a good day. Mouth sores are better, but not gone. No new ailments. Blood heading in the right direction (and real).

We’re getting there,

Mark