T + 9 Third day in Northside Hospital
Overnight was decent. I was up doing one of my many mouthwashes in the middle of the night when I noticed my tongue is bleeding, wonderful. It cleared by the am.
I’ll be brief because it is getting late. My butt still hurts. Sometime after breakfast and before lunch it became more painful to swallow deeply. I managed to eat my lunch very slow. While walking on a treadmill today after lunch a lady set up shop and played her harp for the patients to hear. I hope that some did. When I stepped into my room, 10’ from the treadmill you couldn’t hear her for the HEPA air filter noise. I requested a pain pill ahead of supper and will continue that as necessary. It provided some good relief. Good news today, all of my CBC numbers drawn at midnight last night made small but positive moves (white, red, hematocrit, platelets, etc. If it repeats tonight, we are in the stem cell growing mode. The Doc on duty in the unit this week says that I will likely go home Wednesday. We hope to meet or beat that. I’m quite thankful for the condition that I am in. There are many people in here much worse than me.
Thanks again for the Wilsons doing overnight Bennett duty with no assistance so that Karin can stay with me.
I’ll try to post more pics tomorrow. I may have hit the memory limit. Tried several times in last 2 days.
Keeping strong,
Mark
From Karin: Sleeping in a reclining PLASTIC chair kinda sucks, every time I move, Mark thinks my rear end is having problems…. Other than having to trot down the hall to go pee, a new rule, I can’t use his private bathroom, the “unit” is pretty cool. We continue to watch our NetFlix (a Royce and Sarah favorite!!!!) on the computer since the TV doesn’t work so swift. The picture is 2X monochrome RED and GREEN- it looks like Christmas no matter how to balance it.
We have befriended a few folks “stuck” here in the unit and have made an evening tradition on making milkshakes in the Pantry. The flavor tonight was CHOCOLATE!!! I better give up the milkshakes if I want to keep off the 20lbs. I’ve lost since being here in ATL. This diet plan I would NOT endorse to anybody!!! I did play tennis today and won 6-3, 6-0. The opponents did have a cigarette and a beer before playing, but my partner I still kicked their rumpus! I used to baby sit my partner when she was 2! Now she’s 24.
I’m still smiling from my visit with Shannon yesterday, made my month! (Wish Vanessa was better so she could have joined us L). Mark is now sporting a new toothbrush, a Sponge Bob Square Pants one, extra soft for his tender gums. He even likes it!!!! You should hear him trying to sing the theme song……I’ll quit rambling, hope everybody is doing well and we’ll continue to write and FIGHT! Blessings, Love, and Peace--Karin
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home