Transplant Morning
Friday, October 13, 2006 -
We get up and eat a good breakfast. Head out by 6:30. Arrive on time before 7:30. I check in don my shoe covers and coveralls and wash hands. Karin gets me registered.
They always want my SSN, but unless they are paying my taxes forget it. Karin dons the same lovely outfit and joins me in the room.
They have checked my vitals and are waiting for blood lab results. They brought by a good breakfast, I wish that we would have known. We could have avoided some traffic.
Karin’s Take: Mark is excited and a little scared at the same time,
he can’t quit smiling! It’s a new beginning for him, as far as an immune system goes. I believe he will be getting 8 syringes of stem cells in a little while. It’ll probably take 10 minutes to infuse him. I’ll report back with the length of time and pictures later! Oh, by the way, Happy Friday the 13th! Who ever said the 13th was a bad day??????
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home