M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Friday, October 13, 2006

Transplant Infusion is Done!


Prior to the infusion they gave me IV Benadryl and Ativan to avoid allergic reactions. They make me rather drowsy. The infusion begins around 10:00. There were 6 syringes to be infused and it only took like 9 minutes.

It would have been faster, but I have the nurse slow a few times because I feel warmth. I can instantly taste and smell the DMSO preservative that my cells have been frozen in (sort of like tomato soup to me). Shortly thereafter I can no longer smell it. The smell will be strong for a day or so while my body rids it by respiration. The smell is rather strong for Karin in the small room. We are discharged around 3:00 with a hundred instructions. Traffic sucks (Atlanta drivers suck). We take a walk around the block when we get home (I need exercise to avoid pneumonia). After dinner Karin and I crash early. Thanks Paul for taking care of Bennett!

Mark