M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

T + 33 Discharge from BMTG Day!


I was discharged today! I didn’t get the answers on my chest x-rays regarding my portacath yet, but it functioned fine when they took blood today. I spent several hours with my PA, my Physician, and my Nurse Coordinator. I was able to ask all my questions. They also gave me some written marching orders. This begins the next phase until I return to BMTG around my T + 100 day check up in late January. I will see Dr. Negrea next week and will likely be at LowCountry Cancer Care weekly for the foreseeable future. I have to have my blood checked regularly (CBC’s, liver functions, electrolytes, etc.). He will review all of my Atlanta treatment notes and determine if we do any maintenance Rituxan or other therapy. I can have visitors and I can visit people, but I cannot go into crowds. Everyone around me has to be in good health. I have nearly no immunity and that will only come with time. If I get sick, and I likely will sometime along the way, it will take much longer than normal to heal. The flu will put me in the hospital. No restaurants, no malls, no Walmart, no grocery store, no church, no movies, etc. Thanks to all of you for your support. I have made a lot of progress but I have a very long way still to go.

Mark