M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

T + 82 One Neupogen Shot Did the Trick




I went in today for my CBC and a second Neupogen shot. My white count had made a big increase in one day from the first shot. A big relief.
WBC: 5.4 normal , up from 1.4 yesterday
NE# 2.9 normal, up from 0.2
RBC: 4.6
HCT: 42.3
PLT: 174
They went ahead and gave me the second shot that will increase the WBC more. No more shots, and I will see them again next Tuesday. About half of the white count will remain once the shots are discontinued. Dr. Yanucchi had conferred with Dr. Bashey in Atlanta. A virus was the likely cause of the white count loss. Since the red count and the platelet count was good, they do not suspect my marrow or relapsed disease. Had the WBC been low again today, they would have put me back on Leavaquin antibiotic for 5 days, but they did not have to. The 2 shots have made my bones ache pretty badly, especially in my hips an knees.

I left a message with the post transplant coordinator at BMTG to begin scheduling my 100 day post testing and visit. I hope to get them scheduled soon.
Bennett continued his use of the fork today. He has also cut two teeth this week and has been fussier than normal because of that.

Karin has the kids from the West “SiEde” back tomorrow.

Take care,

Mark