T + 90
Karin shaved the peach fuzz off my head mid-week last week. It is growing back in rather consistently (few thin patches) and mostly dark for now. The 60% of my beard that is growing is dark, and I have to shave a few times a week now.
On Tuesday, my blood was less than stellar (lower than the previous month trends), but the white count was much better than my drop off last week.
• WBC: 3.4, NE# 1.9
• RBC: 4.66
• HCT: 41.5
• PLT: 151
A long wait to see the doctor, sadly their practice is very busy. I saw Dr Yanucchi again this week. I have a peculiar sensation in my right side from time to time. Not a pain, but a feeling that is difficult to describe. She poked and prodded for a second time this week and felt nothing abnormal in my spleen, liver, or anything else. Next step would be to do a CAT scan, then if that indicates anything follow up with a PET-CT. We will just wait for my testing in Atlanta in a week and a half. I was starting to get some congestion, so I asked for a script for a decongestant.
My congestion has worsened. I do not have any fever (I check my temperature several times each day). All of the Best family has been congested. I do my best with hand washing and sanitizing (up to 50 times a day). But somewhere along the way, handling a bottle or a remote or phone gets by. I try my best to police everyone when they enter the house to wash/sanitize every time. I’ve probably had three different head/chest problems in the last five weeks. Aside from significant congestion, I don’t feel that bad. I still try to walk every day missing only a few due to schedule conflicts or ran out of time.
My 100 day testing is scheduled in Atlanta for Monday, January 22. We will probably leave for Atlanta at mid-day on Friday the 19th. Karin has a half day. I will have my PET-CT at 8 am at Northside Hospital, bloodwork, (PFT) pulmonary function test, EKG, ECHO-cardiogram, and bone marrow biopsy at the BMTG clinic. We will return a week to 10 days later for a consult and all the results. I do not have that appointment scheduled yet, but hope too have that from my coordinator soon.
Tomorrow, Friday the 12th, I have my Pentamadine (anti-pneumonia) treatment scheduled at 9:00 am at Candler Hospital. Probably good timing with the congestion mess that I have going (again).
Bennett had been more clingy than usual this week. The 2 teeth that erupted last week are still working through.
Take care,
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home