M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Friday, December 08, 2006

T + 56

I had a good Dr. visit with Negrea on Wednesday (12/6). My blood CBC’s, electrolytes, complete metabolic profiles, and liver functions continue good. Dr. Negrea says my blood is better than his.
- WBC: 4.3, NE# 2.5, same as previous week
- RBC: 4.67, same
- HCT: 41.9, just below 42 (normal low limit)
- PLT: 190, my platelets have increased by 30-50 each of the last 4 weeks.
My temperature was a little high (99.7) but has been normal since then.
He said that I can discontinue wearing my mask when out for my walks when not in crowds, but to avoid dust from leaf blowing, mowing, etc. Continue to stay out of dirt due to mold spores. I have had some warm, itchy sensations in my knee area – he says that this may be due to bone marrow re-growth at the end of the long bones. I have some lightheadedness when I stand from squatting – he says that this may be due to lack of normal blood pressure regulation resulting from the high dose chemo. I need to continue to stay well hydrated. Some eye-tooth gum recession that happened after my mobilization chemo may reverse. I got some antibiotics to take before a dental checkup next week.

Other health & beauty updates: Within the last week 80% of my eyelashes have fallen out. That is great with the contact lenses and dry eyes. I see new ones starting to come in to take their place thankfully. I was starting to grow a few silly blond or gray hairs on my upper lip area. Karin said I looked like some of her middle school boys. For that reason I shaved for the first time since some time in September -one of the plusses of high dose chemo. I can feel stubble on my head, but not much is visible from any distance. It is still shiny.

Tomorrow, December 9 is our 6th wedding anniversary.

Mark