M Best vs NHL

This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).

Friday, December 15, 2006

T + 63

Last Saturday I awoke early with bad sinus congestion and my left ear stopped up. I went to see my GP Dr. Zotolli. He conferred with Dr. Negrea’s partner on call for the weekend and gave me a decongestant and an antibiotic. I am better quickly from the decongestant. I had my second Pentamadine breathing treatment to prevent pneumonia this week. That stuff tastes awful.

My Wednesday CBC results continue good, generally steady or improving:
- WBC: 4.3, NE# 2.8
- RBC: 4.81, normal
- HCT: 43.3 (in the normal range now)
- PLT: 174 (dropped a bit, but still normal)
I have not seen my other test results (they gave me a copy of an old report by mistake), but I called back and they say that they are all in line. I will get the correct copies next week before I meet with Negrea again.

I’m Mr. Mom-ing it a few days while Paul is in Atlanta. The best thing about this whole situation is the time that I have been able to spend with Bennett that I would have never had while at work. It is fun, but it is quite a workout, also difficult when I can’t run to the store for things as needed. I’m finding it difficult to complete more than just a few items daily that I plan to complete. Bennett has fun with the dogs. They have been in more than usual with wet weather of late. Desi, the big terrier licks him in the face. Cid, the lab puts up with Bennett for a while, but is generally terrorized as Bennett follow him all around the house.

You should try to type on a laptop with a 14 month old on the loose in your presence…quite a challenge. I can’t do this from the computer room because Bennett freaks out when I get out of his sight. In the computer room he’ll turn the desktop computer on/off due to its neon blue on/off switch. Actually anything with keys/buttons/lights is popular with him (remotes, phones, etc.).

I continue to walk as often as I can. When Bennett is with me, I let him walk halfway up the block (with many detours) before putting him in the stroller.

I have white peach fuzz all over my head now. No real hair yet. I have a very thin moustache that Karin says I have to shave soon. I only have a few eyelashes left, but new ones are replacing them. We’re working on Christmas Pictures. Hope to have something posted soon.

I continue to feel generally pretty good. I generally get 9-10 hours of sleep each night, but I am not as rested in the morning as one would expect with that much sleep. There are a few Bennett interruptions each night, but I get back to sleep quickly.

Mark