T + 79 New Year’s Eve
Christmas was low key, but lots of fun with family. Paul cooked Christmas dinner. Karin’s folks are back in Atlanta. My parents, brother and nephew were here for 2 days after Christmas and are back in NC now.
My white count took a big drop this week. The speculation is that my week on antibiotics is the cause. With the exception of my white count and neutraphils, all of my other blood components were normal and increasing from last week.
WBC: 2.5 – low (down from 4.8 last week)
NE# 1.3 – low (down from 3.6 last week
RBC: 4.91 normal and increased from last week
HCT: 44.7 normal and increased from last week
PLT: 178 normal and increased from last week
I spoke to my nurse coordinator and e-mailed all of my results to BMTG in Atlanta to see if they want to do any additional or more frequent testing. I’m scheduled for bloodwork and an office visit with Dr. Negrea on Tuesday, January 2nd.
The hair on my head is mostly peach fuzz now. Some real hair is starting. I will probably shave the fuzz soon and continue until. Most of my blonde eyebrows fell out in the last few weeks so my eyebrows are much darker than normal. New eyelashes have replaced the ones that fell out over the last 3 weeks. Some parts of my beard are dark now, but other parts are nonexistent. If I let my facial hair grow it is rather irregular.
I feel good. I tried to nap twice this week, but couldn’t fall asleep – got some rest though. I continue to walk nearly daily.
Lillie Broadnax who kept my brother and me as we grew up passed away after Christmas. She meant a lot to us. She will be missed deeply by our family. She was in rather poor health, and she is in a better place now. My folks were able to attend the funeral.
Thanks to the Ya Ya Circle at Wilmington Island Presbyterian Church for the donation from the dinner a while back. Andy brought it by before Christmas.
Thanks to the girls at the State Employees Credit Union in Eden for the card.
Thanks to the First Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir in Eden for the card.
Thanks to our family and friends (both old and new) and everyone else for their support this year. It has been a big help. Thanks for all of the donations (to me and for cancer research and March of Dimes in my honor), e-mails, prayers, cards, movies, shaved heads, relay miles walked, and anything that I have overlooked.
No midnight parties for us tonight. We went to City Market to pick up some pizza slices from Vinnie Van Go Go’s and ate them in the car (too much crowd for MDB). Karin and I watched a movie tonight.
Take care,
Mark
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home