T + 81 My White Count Took a Dive
I had hoped to see a slight increase in my WBC today compared to last week or only a slight decline. It dropped a bunch and I am neutropenic. It hasn’t been this low since I was in the hospital.
- WBC: 1.4 – very low (down from 2.5 last week)
- NE# 0.2 – low (down from 1.3 last week)
- RBC: 4.74 normal
- HCT: 42.2 normal
- PLT: 197 normal and increased from last week
I saw Dr. Yanucci today. Dr. Negrea was stuck somewhere on the west coast with weather. The white count decrease could be due to a virus. My red count is good and my platelets are up, so it is probably not my marrow. She started me on Neupogen shots today through Friday. I will go in for the shot and a CBC test each day this week. She was to contact Dr. Bashey at BMTG to see if they have any different recommendations or want to see me for testing sooner than 3 weeks from now. I did not hear back from her prior to now. I will inquire tomorrow.
I will contact BMTG this week to set up my 100 day tests and visit.
I, Karin, have a teacher work day tomorrow, and get to worry A LOT until I hear from Mark. Hopefully his Dr.’s appt. won’t take all day. Just what I need, more things to fret over…..
Today, Bennett has decided that the fork is the best thing invented. At lunch today, he decided that eating with his fingers was for the birds and picked up the extra fork and began stabbing the food on his plate. He was very successful and even got upset when lunch was over and his beloved fork was taken away. He’s growing up and turning into a little boy quickly! He even has the scrapes on his nose from the concrete to prove the rough and tumble boy that he is becoming!
Mark & Karin
M Best vs NHL
This is a diary of my fight against Follicular Lymphoma, a non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL).


<< Home